Establishing an online presence, when done correctly, can generate new tree service leads for your company. There are many things you can do that only take time. (Unless you hire someone then it is their time and expertise your paying for.)
In a moment, I’m going to give you 5 ways to increase your company’s online brand.
When it comes to internet marketing you want to be careful of the tactics used. When done improperly, you may see big results at first but then disappear from the search engines. For this reason you need to be aware of the “SEO Snake oil saleman”. He will promise the page one rankings you always dreamed of. You will find your company on page one when you search for it. Then when Google releases a new update your website goes away, and so does the SEO snake oil salesman.
Why does this happen?
Because bad practices in SEO were applied to ranking your website. Then when a search engine update is released, it sees the bad things and makes you disappear.
For this reason, I want to help you understand what to look for when building your online brand.
There are many things to get into, but here are 5 organic ways to increase your tree services online presence.
- Use Google – Sign up for a Google account. If you already have an account, then utilize it for its free potential. Start with making sure you have a local listing for your business. Then make sure you have a YouTube page. Finally sign up for a free Google Analytic’s account. Implement the required code onto your website (or have your web designer implement it for you).
- Video Marketing – Since you have a YouTube account start using video marketing to your advantage. Some simple video shooting and editing can go along way. Some companies will use a GoPro camera mounted to a helmet, to get those real awesome shots from way up high. Make sure when uploading videos to YouTube, to write SEO friendly titles and Descriptions. Make sure to include a link back to your website in the beginning of your description.
- Website Check – Review your website for SEO 101 items. Items like good Meta Titles, Meta Description, and Alt Tags on pictures. If the content is kind of thin, look at adding more or re-writing the content you already have. If you do not have pictures on your website, add some. One big thing is to make sure your website is not flash powered. If your computer, phone, tablet requires flash player to view your website, then it is flash powered. The problem with this is that the search engines have a hard time reading the content.
- Claim Local Listings – There are many websites that you can list your company information on for free. Sites like Google, BBB, Manta and Yelp are just a few. They allow you to create a free account and then verify your business to create a listing. When doing so you can add many things about your business. Try to fill in all the information they allow and be descriptive.
- Get Social – There are a whole bunch of social media platforms you can be on. To many and everything will become overwhelming. Try to focus on a few and learn to re purpose your content. For example; you go perform a tree removal for a customer. Take a few before, during and after pictures. After the job is complete post a tweet about the type of job and location of service along with a picture. Later on create a post to Facebook with a description of the work you performed, and location of services. On Facebook you can also post the best before, during and after picture. And of course make sure to post to your Google+ page!
I know all of this can seem like a lot to do. After all you do have a business to run. If you can farm help to some employees give that a try, or if you can afford to hire a company to help that works too. Crosscut Marketing Services can help with all items discussed. Just remember that it is not an overnight process and as you become more familiar with everything it will get easier. Don’t try to do everything all at once.
Thanks for reading and if you have any questions about your website, or ranking better, please feel free to contact us.